During our investigations, we have found that there are times when Dekho integration doesn’t work because of some subtle errors. Here is a list that should be cross checked while making integration work.
1. Verify that the correct .swf is being used. These files can be downloaded from http://dekho.com.au/dekholink/files/swf/SWF_for_Dekho_4.x.x/
2. The required .swf file is usually copied into the ROOT folder of your Apache Tomcat installation. Example: \Apache Software FoundationTomcatwebappsROOT
3. If you have upgraded Dekho recently, it is possible that your local browser kept a copy of the old (cached) .swf files. Make sure you clean the cache in the browser.
4. Another trick would be to rename the new .swf file, thus forcing every browser to load the latest. This is achieved by renaming the .swf file, then adjusting the Dekho:Admin:Tools (url to the new .swf file)
5. Verify that the URL parameter in the Dekho:Admin:Tools is reachable. Copy the URL as highlighted below and paste in a browser, if you see a blank screen (and no error like 404, Not Found) it means .swf is correct and you can go onto next step.
Note: The URL generally uses the port:8080
6. Verify that the Tool icon is reachable. The URL http://DEKHO SERVER NAME/Dekho/images/tools/conquest.png should show the image in the browser.
7. If you have recently upgraded to DekhoLink, make sure that the registry entry HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTdekhoshellopencommand points to it.
(Example: DekhoLink_=”D:WORKtrunkmainGUIIntegrationDekhoLink_VS2010DekhoLinkBrokerbinDebugBroker.exe” “%1”).
The installation of DekhoLink requires admin rights as it will change settings in your registry.
8. Integration should be enabled in Dekho:Admin:Settings.
9. The Key field should match the field in the Datasource-Map Relationships.
Once these steps are verified, you can finish setting-up your integration.